My Guest Appearance on KGNU’s “Corriente”
Thank you, Elena Klaver, for inviting me to play some Nicaraguan tunes with you on Jan. 5, 2016 (listen to the show here). I love the “Corriente” Latin music show and often listen to it Tuesday nights on KGNU.org, 88.5 FM in Boulder, 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm (MT). Here is a permalink from the show that night.
I learned Spanish by hanging out with musicians in Nicaragua. I traveled the country on the Los Mokuanes tour bus, jammed with Moisés Gadea and friends in Managua (they sometimes invited me to play some blues songs in between their sets), and I even have a cameo in the music video, “Lloraré”, which we filmed in Hertylandia in 1998, and which uses my Takamine guitar on the recording. So it was fun and an honor to feature both friends and musical legends of Nicaragua the other night.
Here is the Nica set we played:
- Armando Morales Barillas – La Mora Limpia – Cuerdas Nicaraguenses
- Carlos Mejia Godoy & Los De Palacagüina – Son Tus Perjúmenes Mujer – Son Tus Perjumenes Mujer
- Luis Enrique Mejia Godoy – Somos Hijos De Maiz – Luis Enrique Mejia Godoy
- Otto De La Rocha – Plutarcho Malpaisito – Otto De La Rocha Vrs. Aniceto Prieto
- Los Mokuanes – Llorare – Los Mokuanes
- Moises Gadea – El Migrante – Moises Gadea Coleccion
- Katia Cardenal – Hojarasca – Hojarasca
- Gema & Pavel – Guajira A La Alegría – Trampas Del Tiempo
- Katia Cardenal – Cisne Del Alma – Hojarasca
- Moises Gadea – Si Todo Fuera – Colección