Coming in April 2024, Pre-order now!
Colorado is a hiker’s paradise. With four national parks and a dozen national monuments, recreation areas and more, adventure is at every turn. Pack a lunch, lace up your boots, and hit the trails with Moon Colorado Hiking. Inside you'll find:
- Diverse Hiking Options: Whether you plan to hike to the crest of the Continental Divide, through thick fairytale aspen groves or to one of hundreds of iconic snow-capped peaks, enjoy outdoor getaways ranging from easy day hikes to multi-day backpacking trips
- Find Your Hike: Looking for something specific? Choose from strategic lists of the best hikes for wildflowers, waterfalls, or hiking with your dog, plus a breakdown of the best hikes by season
- The Top Outdoor Experiences: Climb the dunes at Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve or walk through golden aspen groves along Kenosha Pass. Gawk at red rock formations along the Garden of the Gods Loop or challenge yourself while you huff and puff to the top of Quandary Peak
- Nearby Fun: Spend a night under the stars at a nearby campground or sip a refreshing local brew after a day on the trail
- Essential Planning Details: Each hike is described in detail and marked with round-trip distance and hiking time, difficulty, terrain type, elevation gain, and access points
- Maps and Directions: Find easy-to-use maps, driving directions to each trailhead, and details on where to park
- Expert Advice: Seasoned hiker Joshua Berman offers experienced insights, local secrets, and honest opinions of each trail
- Tips and Tools: Advice on gear, first aid, and camping permits, plus background information on climate, landscape, and wildlife
Whether you're a veteran or a first-time hiker, Moon's comprehensive coverage and local expertise will have you gearing up for your next adventure.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.More info →