Colorado Nica-philes mark your calendars for Friday, September 7. Boulder-based Empowerment International, an NGO (non-governmental organization) which helps school kids in Nicaragua and Costa Rica, presents their fourth annual “Festival of Hope” at the Westminster Butterfly Pavillion. Yes, amigos, come one, come all to support EI’s efforts to sponsor children in slums who are unable to afford basic necessities of going to school (tuition, uniform, supplies, etc.).
I’ll be there to auction off and sign copies of my books, Moon Nicaragua and Living Abroad In Nicaragua, to sing some Nicaragua folk songs, and to enjoy the company of so many fellow Nicaradans.
Where: Westminster Butterfly Pavilion (halfway between Denver and Boulder)
When: Next Friday Sep. 7, at 6:30 pm
What: Great food and the following activities…
- Salsa lessons and Dancing.
- Silent Auction of gorgeous Nicaraguan pottery and art.
- Silent Auction of Boulder area goods and services (including copies of my Nicaragua books and travel consulting services by yours truly).
- Private butterfly viewing in the sanctuary.
- Central American cuisine and Live Nicaraguan folk music (by me) Cash bar (beer, wine, margaritas)
Cost: $25 in advance $30 at the door
Please tell all your friends and family and I’ll see you there!